Frequently Asked Questions
The Aurum Project is an Australian facility for homeopathic medicine research which received approval as a charitable institution in 2005.
Our mission is to advance the understanding and practice of homeopathy in Australia by promoting and conducting research into the use of homeopathic medicines for childhood health and behavioural problems.
The Aurum Project aims to promote and develop research in the homeopathic profession and enable a pathway for homeopathic researchers. By acting as a research partner for grant applications it aims to encourage collaboration between homeopathic practitioners and medical researchers.
Our vision is to provide contemporary evidence to validate and promote the use of high quality homeopathic treatment in Australia for childhood health and behavioural problems
The Aurum Project plans to make the information gathered from research available to the homeopathic profession and the public. As well as validating homeopathy as a viable form of primary health care, our aim is for the results of the research to enable parents to confidently consider this method of health care for their child.
The Aurum Project was officially launched in September 2006 and since then we have been involved in:
- 2018 – Autism Support Project – this was set up by Linda Beaver from the Newtown Homeopathic Centre in conjunction with the Aurum Project and has recently moved out of pilot study stage.
- 2018 – Summarising of articles published in 2015 about the mechanism of action of homeopathy eg: ‘Update on preliminary elements of a theory of ultra high dilutions’ are being turned into plain English for Australian publication.
- 2018 – Proving article was published in the journal Similia. Title: “Proving of a Morning Sickness Combination Formula”.
- 2018 – Weekly data collection on the topic of glue ear and recurring ear infections in children.
- 2017 – We created ‘the moving artwork dress’ for the Australian Premiere of Just One Drop.
- 2017 – Hosting the premiere of the film Just One Drop at the Opera House Dendy
- 2017 – Our Aurum Project website won an award – we were listed at #10 in the top 40 homeopathy websites in the world
- 2017 – Educational article was published in the journal Similia. Title: “An innovative method of accelerated learning: A melting pot session is collaborative and thought provoking”
- 2017 – Keynote speech at the 1st Malaysian International Integrative Healthcare Conference by our Director Linlee Jordan representing the Aurum Project: Case management strategies in children with special needs.
- 2017 – We published five peer reviewed case histories in our blog
- 2017 – Homeopathy Book Barn launched.
- 2016 – Directory of Members of the Aurum Project launched. It is referred to by parents and practitioners to find someone in their area, with over 100 members listed; the number of articles and videos available to members is steadily growing, the number of events listed by members is growing and the events page receives more than 350 hits a day
- 2016 – Booklet for members to share published in members area: Ten Steps To Get Off The Antibiotic Treadmill. Completed.
- 2016 – Wizard of Oz theme at the Aurum Project’s Annual Gala 2016
- 2015 – Bali Project Seminar.
- 2014 – Publication of article: Analysis of a modern approach to the homeopathic treatment of chronic and acute ear problems in children in Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) journal.
- 2013 − Bali Project Seminar.
- 2013 – Publication of article about the value of observational studies in homeopathy..
- 2012 − 2103 – Supporting a literature review: Should homeopathy be considered as part of a treatment strategy for otitis media with effusion in children? Published in the PubMed-listed UK journal ‘Homeopathy’ by Alison Fixsen.
- 2012 – Supporting a literature review about hypertension by Jane Tulip.
- 2011 – Publication of article: The proving of homeopathic melatonin 6x published in Links journal.
- 2011 – Brisbane – Harness your success auditing workshop.
- 2010 – HPT Trial of a new substance funded by Keysun Laboratories.
- 2010 – Pilot study for insomnia. Literature review and ethics approval application completed.
- 2010, 14th March – Conducting the first Australian Harness Your Success auditing workshop..
- 2009 – Publication of the findings of the Hyoscyamus Case Series Analysis in Similia Journal, WellBeing Magazine and the book Challenging Children: Success with Homeopathy.
- 2009 – Conducting a case series analysis of treatment using the remedy Hyoscyamus for children’s behaviour and learning difficulties. The study showed that overall the number of children who had a positive response even if slight was 93.3%.
- 2008 – HPT Trial of Melatonin 6x funded by Keysun Laboratories.
- 2008 – Initiating and writing the document “Australian Research Priorities” in conjunction with homeopathy industry groups and professional bodies.
- 2007 – Sought liaison and support from the Australian Homeopathic Association and other professional bodies.
- 2006 – Official launch of the Aurum Project
- 2005 – Gained the highest level possible of full tax deductible and Gift Recipient Charity status from Australian government bodies for conducting homeopathic medicine research.
- We intend to support homeopaths completing literature reviews
- We intend to seek sponsorship and support to conduct trials which will build on the foundation laid down by our literature reviews
- We will continue to promote the process of clinical research through organising and providing clinical auditing workshops to practicing homeopaths and students. These workshops Harness Your Success will guide practitioners into data collection, analysis and provide helpful insights into what is working in their practice and what can be improved. This is another application of the benefit of research.