How to hold a Homeopathy Fundraising Get-together
Hosting a Homeopathy Morning Tea, Afternoon tea or Dinner, is an ideal way to fundraise for The Aurum Project and get friends together for a good cause.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What can I plan for an occasion?
- A night of homeopathy scrabble seems to be the latest fun idea
- Afternoon Tea – home made chai between 3pm and 5pm
- Music soiree, book reading, continuing education session, theatre-outing
- Invite a favourite homeopath to give an introduction to homeopathy for your family and friends
- At-home flicks with pillows, pyjamas and BYO popcorn – how many homeopathy movies are there?
- Play soccer in the park (losing team makes the donation)
- Fancy dress party (come along dressed as the homeopathic remedy which intrigues you the most)
Q. How many people can I invite?
A. There is no minimum or maximum number of people. You can keep it simple or have an “all the more the merrier” feeling for your occasion.
Q. Should I charge an entry fee to raise money?
A. Yes, if you want to. Some hosts do charge an entry fee to help raise funds but it’s entirely up to you and what you think is appropriate for your guests. If you invite 10 people and they each put in $10 then you already have $100 raised – easy.
Q. Is my online donation tax deductible?
A. Yes, all donations of $2.00 or more are tax deductible but the minimum amount for an on-line donation is $15. Simply fill in all the requested details when making an online donation (including a valid email address), and you will receive an official tax receipt from the Aurum Project. Simply click on the donate button on the donation page of this website.
Q. What if my friends make a donation in cash at my occasion?
A. If you collect a cash donation at your occasion, you can choose to pay the cash in as a donation via your credit card.
We would love you to post a photo of your occasion on our Aurum Project facebook page.
Encourage guests to hold their own fundraising event
During or after the event, why not ask one of your guests to hold their own morning tea? Hopefully they will be inspired by The Aurum Project and your support, and will want to initiate their own fundraising event. All hosts will receive a complimentary Aurum Project membership. The benefits of membership include:
- Advance notice about seminars and events
- Large discount on ticketed price of events
- Free events for members
- Advance notice about special offers
- Latest homeopathy news
- Aurum Project quarterly email newsletter
- Your support of essential natural therapies research