At The Aurum Project Advisory Group meeting and AGM 2013 we re-confirmed the mission, aims, vision and values of The Aurum Project. We summarised what we have achieved in the last twelve months and looked forward to what we are planning for the next twelve months.
Mission of The Aurum Project
We re-stated that the mission of the Aurum Project is to advance the understanding and practice of homeopathy in Australia by promoting and conducting research into the use of homeopathic medicines for childhood health and behavioural problems.
Aims of the Aurum Project
The Aurum Project aims to promote and develop research in the homeopathic profession and enable a pathway for homeopathic researchers. By acting as a research partner for grant applications it aims to encourage collaboration between homeopathic practitioners and medical researchers. The Aurum Project plans to make the information gathered from research available to the homeopathic profession and the public. As well as validating homeopathy as a viable form of primary health care, our aim is for the results of the research to enable parents to confidently consider this method of health care for their child.
The Vision of The Aurum Project
Our vision is to provide contemporary evidence to validate and promote the use of high quality homeopathic treatment in Australia for childhood health and behavioural problems.
The Aurum Project is the first homeopathy charity to be registered in Australia, setting a special precedent in recognising the appropriateness of wholistic research. In response to the rising incidence of children’s behavioural disorders and the increasing number of parents asking for help, the Aurum Project was developed to promote education and research about homeopathic treatment for children.
The Aurum Project is dedicated to research into behavioural issues stemming from emotional or physical causes. The health problems include: ADHD, allergies, asthma, ear problems, eczema, fever, sleeping problems, tantrums, teething, tics and twitches.
The Values of The Aurum Project
- In our interactions with others, we value being moral, ethical, honest, transparent and trustworthy.
- We feel gratitude and appreciation for the efforts of each other, our donors, our volunteers and our colleagues.
- For the purposes of research, we believe that showing compassion in our dealings with health care professionals and their clients, is of the utmost importance.
- We are inclusive and respectful. We show loyalty and understanding.
- We are hopeful that the result of these values will translate into action, allowing our goals to come to fruition.
What The Aurum Project Has Achieved in 2012/2013
- In our published articles we have advanced the understanding and practice of homeopathy: one article in Homeopathy journal and one article in ATMS journal
- In June, our week-long Bali Project seminar was held in Ubud, Bali.
- We have published The Golden Book
- We have launched our new website
- Our three seminar presentations at the Australian National Homeopathy conference in Brisbane 2012 included the key note speech by Jurgen Schulte, our own research on glue ear, and some questions about the latest possible ideas on stable water clusters as a mechanism of the action of homeopathy.